1. Farm advisory service is an important thrust area of KVK. The Kendra has recently started advisory services. The SMS from KVK would offer technical guidance to the farmers of the villages of South Tripura district.
2. The KVK joins hands with the animal husbandry department in organising animal health camps at villages not having veterinary facilities. Vaccination and deworming are the major work done during these camps, besides treating animals for ailments like infertility and repeat breeder.
3. Technology Information Spread : To keep the farmers well informed of the programmes and for quick dissemination of technologies, Farmers' Discussion Groups can be organised at the village level to debate on the agriculture related issues and to approach KVK in sorting them out.
4. Training Programmes at KVK : Training programmes are offered by KVK in the fields of agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, fisheries and extension education. The programmes are planned in advance of the ensuing agricultural season taking into consideration the cropping pattern and farming system.
5. Front Line Demonstrations : The Front Line Demonstrations on Oilseeds and Pulses have been in implementation since last decades, aiming at increasing the productivity of crops like groundnut, bengal gram, black gram and red gram by way of introducing low- cost technologies including introduction of new varieties/hybrids.
6. On Farm Testing : To refine the generated technologies to suit the local situations, "On Farm Testing" is carried out with farmers' participation. Every year 30-40 trials are conducted under this programme.
7. Dissemination of Knowledge : Rapid dissemination of knowledge and skill is a must as technologies generated on the previous day become obsolete the next day. Therefore, the SMS of KVK take the help of trained farmers in transferring the technologies to each and every farmer.